The pipe conveyor is a system conceived to solve many of the problems existing with conventional conveyor systems. At the loading point of the material, the Pipe Conveyor is open as a conventional belt conveyor, then it closes up into a pipe shape containing the conveyed material and returns to open at the discharge point. As the material is wrapped around by the belt, there is no spillage or training problems and this keeps pollution under control. Pipe conveyors are available in horizontal curves as well as vertical curves.
What do Rulmeca supply within Pipe Conveyors?
- Rulmeca produces the rollers and roller supporting brackets for every diameter of Pipe, with its own moulds for standard dimensions and execution, and under customer drawings for non standard executions.
- Rulmeca's long term experience in these products grants technical support to the pipe conveyor designers and engineering companies in the roller and bracket selection.
- Thanks to the product research and development in previous years, Rulmeca can propose a new advantageous execution of roller disposal onto the frame and a new locking system to the brackets – an alternative to the standard riveted plate locking system.
See drawings examples of our products for Pipe Conveyors.
Contact your local Rulmeca office for more detailed information and for enquires.
Main points of the system:
- Forming the conveyor belt into a tubular cross-section
- Arrangement of conveyor idlers to maintain a tubular cross-section
- Maintaining stability of the tubular section during travel
- Completely enclosed and dust-free transport of material
- No spillage or scattering of material from loaded belt
- No dropping of material from return belt
- Conveyor can be curved both horizontally and vertically
- Conveyor can rise at steep angles
- Return belt can also be used to convey material.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PIPE CONVEYOR
It is capable of conveyance closing up into a pipe shape.
Therefore the enclosed materials cannot scatter, drop, pollute the environment, as well as it prevents from dropping on the pipe shaped return side
It is capable of curved transportation.
Therefore the lay-out can be rationalized into smaller areas.
It is capable of inclined transportation.
Therefore since the pipe shape increases friction between material and inside of the belt, the conveyor length becomes shorter.